Old 25-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Lifting our forum@

The message
from Rod contains these words:

- Section for the English.

^^^^^^^

!!
That should annoy a lot of people!
Do you think we should tell them?

Waste of breath - try explaining what Wales is to the average merkin ;~(
(Our resident colonials sre honourable exceptions of course.)

Unforgets me of the summer of 1963 when i was a barman in a Perthshire
hotel. We had this USian guest who was, er, rather expert at sinking the
spiritual stuff.

Sgt. Henderson, about 6' 3" of powerfully built Scot came into the bar
to 'just remind us' that it was time.

Said guest (of the female persuasion) hung her arms round poor
Henderson's neck and said: "Aw gee! I do just *ADORE* you DARLING
ENGLISH bobbies!"

Exit Henderson, scarlet to the roots of his hair. Whenever the poor
fellow looked in after that there was a murmur of: "I do just

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/