Old 25-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Lifting our forum@

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:48:17 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Searching for something about a speaker I can across a forum type web
site which purports to be American and yet has OUR messages on it! Does
anyone know anymore about this?(snip)

Dumb. But probably not a violation of copyright. All is avaiilable on
Google groups and elsewhere.

That's the point, much of what appears here isn't available on google
groups. Many of us choose *not* to have our posts archived, and they are
all marked x-no-archive in the header.

Rather nasty to try and make hay out of
another's field, but you can't cure stupid. As a USAsian, I'd like to
note that this sort of thing *isn't* a strictly "American" abuse.

Agreed, but when advice intended for UK conditions is stolen by an
American website where it won't be appropriate, it's even dumber than
when cheapskate UK websites do it.

Janet