Old 25-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Lara

Default Red 'n' green tomato?

Janice wrote:

In aus.gardens (Lara) writes:

I'm looking for the name (and ideally, seeds) of a type of tomato I ate
in Barcelona a couple of years ago. It was quite large, round, and when
fully ripe, still had areas of green and red flesh. Not striped, but
rounded blotches of colour throughout.

[snip]
Mr. Stripey is one of many. Tigerella is striped, but it's orange and
red. Look at Seed Savers Exchange web site. This web site may have
some green striped varieties: http://www.tomatofest.com/home.html

I've been through a few heirloom tomato categories, but every red and
green variety I have found has been striped. The tomato I'm looking for
is not striped; the variegations in the flesh are in rounded shapes.

Thanks

Lara