Old 25-01-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Execution Chamber!

If it was a 2-part epoxy cured with a polyamide, there lies your problem.
The polyamide will continue to leach into the water and of course, it is
toxic to fish. By the way, two part epoxies are not particularly resistant
to water so, it's gonna leak again sooner or later. You should have used
hydraulic cement.

Dean

"Bubba" wrote in message
I have an outdoor pond - concrete and masonry - - perhaps 4 ft x 10 feet

by
a couple of feet deep. It has an effective filtration and circulation
system. Until last year, my critters lived in it in peace and harmony.

Then:

It began to lose water fairly rapidly through a large crack that had
developed in the bottom. I drained the pond and called in my favorite
neighborhood handyman who cured the problem by cleaning out the crack and
filling it with an epoxy compound. The pond no longer loses water - -

now
it kills fish. Everything I introduce to the pond DIES. After many

months
(and many sacrificial fish) I declare myself thoroughly STUMPED.

Any ideas? I innately suspect that the epoxy has something to do with it,
but the water has been changed and filtered so long that it doesn't seem
plausible.

Any or all suggestions, ideas, hints, cures, curses, spells or

incantations
will be cheerfully
appreciated.