Old 25-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Dunter Powries

Default Loach recommendation for small planted tank

Victor Martinez wrote in message
Hi. I used to have B. striata in my 20g long planted tank (fluorite
substrate), but I moved them to the big tank. Now I have too many snails
in the little tank, so I'm thinking of adding 1-3 small loaches to be
permanent residents. Which species would you recommend? The tank has 4
species of shrimp in it, some ottos and 3 pigmy cories. And thousands of
snails, 3 different species.
Any help would be most appreciated.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Horsehead loach: Acantopsis choirorhynchus

I THINK I have two in my 75-gallon - entire weeks go by that I don't see
them. They don't actually eat any snails, but they eat every speck of
(submerged) snail spawn - I have to raise my redramshorns in a separate
tank. They're my favorite loach for planted tanks.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rahill0/spe...orsefaced.html

There's some confusion between horsehead, horseface, and long-nosed... make
sure you're getting A. choirorhynchus!

http://www.loaches.com/species_pages...othynchus.html