Old 25-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Lifting our forum@

The message
from VivienB contains these words:

Having met USians while working in a USian company and met some when
travelling, I am aware that the 'American' accent varies a great deal
more than those we hear on TV or in the movies. It seems a very
limited range of USian accents are considered acceptable for British
consumption. I cannot tell whether this arises at the production end
of the process, or if buyers/distributors of TV programmes and films
act as a filter. It should also be said that British accents in 'real
life' vary much more and are often much stronger than heard via the
'meeja' .

I could listen to Garrison Keillor all day.......

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/