Old 25-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Quick vine question!

The message
from "Andy Hunt" contains these words:

Thanks Martin. I have my camo net up on the aforementioned wall now, as per
your recommendation (it's a huge improvement on the tatty peeling
whitewash), and I'm nearly ready to go. I'm going to put the grape vine and
kiwi fruit vine in separate, large pots, and hopefully that will do the
trick - they can grow up the camo net. I haven't actually got the vines yet,
but that's the next thing.

Assuming they have survived the cold, I have lots of Chinese gooseberry
seedlings. However, you need a male and a female vine if you want fruit,
and I have no idea if you can tell the sexes apart before they begin to
flower.

You're welcome to some though. Or you can just set some seed straight
from a fruit. They are quite quick to germinate and easy to bring on,
though they do tend to damp-off if you're not careful.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/