Old 25-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Sacha

Default Lifting our forum@

Martin Sykes25/1/04 7:08
om
snip
5. I guess the same goes for GardenBanter et al. If you just think of them
as alternative news readers then where's the problem?

I have no particular problem with my deathless prose misleading unfortunate
American gardeners if only because, I hope, they'll take it out on that site
and not this one.
But the *problem* I have is that it's sneaky and IMO, dishonest. This is a
newsgroup free of advertising or direct selling for the most part; the
majority stick to the 'rules' with regard to that. That site is not doing
as urg does and I think it mendacious to pretend that all this rather useful
info is being sent to that site so that people will go there to read adverts
for magazines and whatever else it occurs to them to peddle.
I have a particular dislike of lies and to me, this appears to be a form of
lying. It's not important enough to get in a hissy fit but I'm grateful to
Janet that we all now know about it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk