Old 25-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Sacha

Default Spuds

Rod25/1/04 6:46
erlin.de

Brian Watson wrote:

snip
I don't make chips, but my girlfriend and I like potatoes eaten most other
ways.

Any recommendations as to what I should put in?

Maincrop - Picasso, Cara, Maxine.
Salad- Juliette.
Early - Rocket, Swift, Lady Cristl, Dunluce - Arran Pilot is still a good one
though not such a heavy cropper as some more recent ones.
More sugestions when you get a bigger allotment. Ask your neighbours about
slugs, you might be able to grow some good varieties that we can't grow in
wetter western areas.

Dunbar are the tastiest potatoes, IMO but seem horribly prone to mildew,
from what I'm told. But to me, they are nonpareil for flavour. Of course
their problems are why you never see them now, I suppose. ;-(

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk