Old 25-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Rod

Default Lifting our forum@

Frogleg wrote:

OTOH, having grown up in New Mexico, I'm free to go on at length about
how awful Texans --- all Texans of any stripe whatsoever -- are. :-)

So we go on about 'merkins', just as in Wales we have Cardi jokes, in England
they have Irish or Scottish jokes etc........... and you have your Oki and Sven
jokes.
This is o/t but since I'm partly responsible for opening this can of worms I
should mention the friendship and generosity I encountered over many years on
the amateur radio bands. Endless tales of Americans who would sit down with me
and from across the pond give me an hour long tutorial on the design and
construction of high power transmitters or antennas(somebody who in his day job
would get a large fee for that same work) Somebody who would hear me mention a
difficult to get (usually expensive) component - a few days later an airmail
packet would plop down on the mat with 'gift' entered on the green customs
ticket. I could go on but I won't

---
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html