Old 25-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Salty Thumb

Default propane weed torch

"Tom J" wrote in
:

wrote in message
well I tried exactly what you are suggesting and the flame just kept
going out. Ingrid

And if you tried it with 100 other hand held propane torches with the
angled burner attached directly to the can, they would all go out too.
They would all flood the flame when used upside down.

Tom J

Did you try turning the flow rate adjustment knob until you got a steady
flame? It's not just an open-close valve. This was probably 15 years
ago, so I don't know about any new fangle doodads on propane tanks (like
the OPC(?) valve on ones for grills), but IIRC, the one I used was just a
angled burner attached to a ~12" long, 3" diameter cylinder, and was
used, valve side down to either burn crap off the floor or to heat vinyl
bathroom tiles so that the glue holding them to the floor would 'melt'
making them easier to pry up. Chances are that the house wasn't turned
upside down so that the torch could be used upright and I'm sure I didn't
have some sort of contraption to reroute the gas.