Old 26-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

Default poinsettas

First, if you have a poinsettia left over from Christmas and it has lost its
leaves, don't throw it away just yet. Continue to give it sun and a little
water, and it may grow new leaves. I read somewhere that poinsettias will
drop all their leaves when stressed. Last year, I had the Christmas
poinsettias outside because the weather was nice, then a cold snap was
coming, so I brought them in, and POOF! all the leaves fell off. As is
common, I did not have time to do anything with the plants (like throw them
away) for a couple of weeks, and the leaves grew back.
There are many articles online about forcing poinsettias to bloom---just
yahoo it.

"Kathleen" wrote in message
My grandmother could keep a poinsetta year-round and make it bloom
again by putting it in the basement for a while before Christmas.
This was in Iowa and in New York state.

I really want to learn how to do this but maybe it is impossible in
Texas. (?) In any case, I need to know how to keep the darn thing
alive for more than a couple months.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen (Wimberley)
--
If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace,
because you know what you are.