Old 26-01-2004, 06:37 PM
animaux

Default Is this still organic gardening?

In the desert, plants are not supposed to be growing unless they are fit for
that condition. Thus, not many lush spots in the desert. When you use
synthetic nitrogen, you kill what limited life is left in any soil. Organic
forms of nitrogen are indeed organic. I don't get your analysis of it being an
"eleament that can be found in lots of stuff..." Most plants are made of
nitrogen. Never mind.

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:50:43 -0800, "Starlord" opined:

Because when the soil needs more than what can be added as organic, you go with
the store bought stuff. Also, a little bit of info, nitrogen is not realy
organic at all, it's an eleament that can be found in lots of stuff, from plants
to multi-ton beams of Steel.

When I tested the Desert soil for my garden, the N level was so low as to be -0,
so I've had to use store bought stuff to build it up faster than I could have
done any other way. And it's not hurt my Iris & Canna one little bit.