Old 02-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Gareth Wills

Default what a mess :(

You don't mention what kinds of orchids you have. Recovery will be really
iffy on some, and just a matter of time for others. I'd move them away from
the heat. As long any pseudobulbs are still firm, you stand a good chance.
Phals, paphs, vandas etc are, well....chances are not good.
Good luck. Sorry for heartbreak.
Gary
"Deborah F. Ryan" wrote in message
Folks, I've been reading through old posts hoping that I could find the
answer (if there is one) to no avail. We only have about a dozen orchids.
All in our little greenhouse which has managed to keep an average internal
temp of 60*f (NW Indiana) and all on the same self-watering tray they

have
been on for several years. The only difference this year, was they were
moved closer to the door. Obviously, a Really bad move on my part
Despite the temp being well above freezing, every pot froze solid to the

mat
and the plants look just awful. They were immediately moved to the

highest
shelf (as close to the heating source as possible), but it's been nearly a
week and they aren't looking any better. At this point, would bringing

them
indoors Really do them in, or just leave them were they are? Talk about
feeling sick...
Thanks in advance!
peace...debbie