Old 26-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Mica Pots

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

They are not preferable to ceramic containers, but their
lower price and durability do make them attractive alternatives.

One major advantage of mica pots, in my humble opinion, is the weight
factor. I have found this to be an advantage especially on larger pots.

Nic

No question about it--and this is certainly a factor when a tree is in training,
as you might be more likely to move a tree around to work on it. On the other
hand, when a tree is fairly well established you're going to be more likely to show
it, so I guess it's the same.

The big honeysuckle I mentioned in a previous post is just moveable by myself in a
mica pot. By comparison, I have an apple tree in an oval 20" pot, ceramic, that is
smaller in size and half as deep, and they probably weigh abou the same.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++