Old 26-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Marty Haber

Default [IBC] Mica Pots

Ireneu & Mark - this thread has been explored ad infinitum a couple of years
ago at this site. It all boils down to the argument of artificial flowers
vs. real ones.
AHA! You must stop me here. Artificial flowers are NOT real flowers, but
both mica pots and ceramic pots are artificial. Well, you have me there.
HOWEVER - artists have been using ceramics for thousands of years. There
has to be a reason. A beautiful ceramic bonsai pot can sit on a shelf all
by itself and be a source of visual enjoyment all by itself. I can't say
the same for mica pots.
NEVERTHELESS - I agree with the mica protagonists who argue for the positive
qualities found in mica.
End of discussion - Mica is great for training purposes:
ceramics are great for great bonsai.
Marty
P.S. This is not an expression of snobbery. M.