Old 26-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Michael Lee

Default Wife worried about depth of pond and little grandkids and neighbor kids falling in

This is a very valid concern. We took our granddaughter to Water Babies so
she would learn how to float if she fell in. When she did, and I think it is
inevitable that they will because a pond is so attractive, she bobbed to the
surface and rolled over on her back, just like she was trained to do. Her
mom snatched her out, she wiped her face and said "I'm never going to do
that again, grandma!" There where not tears, no trama. That moment made it
well worth the cost of the lessons.

You have a major problem with it not being fenced. I think any lawyer would
advise you to fill it in because it is what the legalese call and
"attractive nuisance" and lawsuit fodder.

--
Shalom!
Mike -n- Sue Clymer

"Chumley" wrote in message
I would like to weld a rebar
grid (4-6 inch spacing) together and
place it on the plant shelf so you couldn't see it really unless you are
right on top of it. I would make it in sections
so I could remove it for maintenence. It would satisfy my wife's anxiety

know the grid was there and the water would
effectively be only 6 inches deep in case one of our grandkids or

neighbor
kids fell in. We have no fence and our yard
is open to a public greenbelt area which kids use all the time to play.

Is
this a viable alternative? Should I paint it with
epoxy paint to keep the rusting metal from fouling the water? Would the
rusting metal harm the fish or plants?
Sorry for the long post, but I need some help with this one. Thank you
kindly for time and thoughts.

Chumley