Old 26-01-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Loach recommendation for small planted tank

Victor Martinez wrote in message ...
Hi. I used to have B. striata in my 20g long planted tank (fluorite
substrate), but I moved them to the big tank. Now I have too many snails
in the little tank, so I'm thinking of adding 1-3 small loaches to be
permanent residents. Which species would you recommend? The tank has 4
species of shrimp in it, some ottos and 3 pigmy cories. And thousands of
snails, 3 different species.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Normally these are the best, B. striata. Nice, peaceful, schooling,
not too mean to eachother, available and don't cost too much.
Dwarf loaches are great(cost alot though).
Dojo's, golden's are very very nice fish as are the others in that
family.
Kuli's are nice also. There a number of Noemachilius sp and similar
families that are now common in the trade.

I had horseface loaches in the past with large sword plants etc, they
acted as worms like in a marine DBS substrate keeping it from
compacting etc.Smaller plants will be uprooted by these though.

Regards,
Tom Barr