Old 26-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Brian Watson

Default Spuds

"Rod" wrote in message
Brian Watson wrote:

I have just acquired a 50% share in an allotment of best Cambridgeshire

fen
soil and am keen to stock it with suitable varieties of vegetables.

Any recommendations as to what I should put in?

Maincrop - Picasso, Cara, Maxine.
Salad- Juliette.
Early - Rocket, Swift, Lady Cristl, Dunluce - Arran Pilot is still a good

one
though not such a heavy cropper as some more recent ones.
More sugestions when you get a bigger allotment.

Oh, it's big enough!!

Half an allotment here seems to be what some city dwellers would call a
small field!

Thanks (all) for the suggestions.

--
Brian
"Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."