Old 26-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Paul

Default Callistemon citrinus (Bottlebrush) problems

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

Mine's in the garden and hasn't been harmed by the frost in the lasts 8
years Paul. It has flowered every year and it is about 5 foot wide and
five foot tall and not in a particularly sheltered spot so perhaps they
just like a bit of room to grow? The seed is easy to germinate if you
wait a year and let the seed dry on the shrub then bring in the
'pods/seed cases' and put them somewhere really warm, like a mantelpiece
over a fire. After 24 hours millions of tiny seeds like dust come out of
the cone type seed heads.

Janet

Janet

Thanks for this. A supplementary query from my friend, Susan - I've been
asked to ask you if you could tell me a bit more about where the seeds are
on the plant - presumably somewhere around the flowers?! And when do they
appear?

Paul