Old 26-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Lifting our forum@

Sacha wrote in
:
I only took a brief glance at that forum to see what was going on
after Janet emailed me. I'd like to know why they're doing this and
if they get any financial gain from it. Some of the people who post
here are professional and might object to their freely given advice to
*URG* being used to benefit others.

Well I am certainly not a professional gardener, but I have no objection at
all to any of my postings being used by anyone, for whatever reason.

I have learned a great deal from generously given information on web and
usenet, given by people who asked for nothing. I use software by people
who have given it to me for nothing more than a 'thankyou'.

Anything my feeble postings can do to repay that great debt is freely
given: to private users or to commercial users, for use, re-use or sale.

I do actually get paid for consultancy on some topics that I also post to
usenet about. I consider re-use of those posts to be a compliment, not an
encroachment.

If people can make money out of my usenet postings they have thought of
something I didn't: good on them!

It's not like there is only one copy of each post, and if it's being used
no-one else can see it!

Victoria