Old 27-01-2004, 12:02 AM
WiGard

Default Getting Bugs out of Worm Bin

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:30:54 +0000, John T. Jarrett wrote:

Without starting all over again (ugh) is there some way to get the bugs
and ants OUT of my worm bin?

I left it next to the garage while I got moved into a new house and now it
has more bugs in it than worms!

I was wondering if there was something (like Garlic Powder) that I could
sprinkle that the bugs wouldn't like but wouldn't bother the worms.

Thanks!
John
Houston, Te

Depending on the bin's size, I think replacing the soil/mix is the easiest
way to take care of this.

If your work bin is its own container, then I may even consider raising it
on bricks a few inches to create a barrier between the ground the the box.
Spraying the area around the box shouldn't hurt if done judiciously.