Old 27-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Loach recommendation for small planted tank

wrote:
Normally these are the best, B. striata. Nice, peaceful, schooling,
not too mean to eachother, available and don't cost too much.

The thing I didn't like about them is that I never saw them! For a while
I thought they had died on me! They're much more active in the 110g tank
for some reason.

Dwarf loaches are great(cost alot though).

Are those Botia sidthimunki (sp?) ?

Kuli's are nice also. There a number of Noemachilius sp and similar
families that are now common in the trade.

I have lots of kuhlis in the big tank (two or three are full of eggs!),
but I have yet to see one eat a snail. Do they?

I had horseface loaches in the past with large sword plants etc, they
acted as worms like in a marine DBS substrate keeping it from
compacting etc.Smaller plants will be uprooted by these though.

Yeah, and fluorite is so light uprooting is already an issue just with
MTS in the tank.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he