Old 27-01-2004, 06:21 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Neighbour's tree encroaching

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:34:01 -0000, Plum wrote:

Our garden and the surrounding area contains lots of lovely old trees which
are subject to protection orders. I've got council permission to trim back
some of the lower branches of a big old yew tree which is leaning from the
adjoining garden. Some of the branches come six feet or so over into our
garden. The owner of the tree has also agreed to the branches being trimmed,
but has said nothing about contributing to the cost. Should I just pay up
and shut up, or should the owner contribute?

Be grateful that your neighbor is being so cooperative. Pay the
cost yourself and let it go at that.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada