Old 27-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Kay Easton

Default Neighbour's tree encroaching

In article , sahara
writes
Kae Verens wrote in message news:z1kRb.318$rb.461
Should I just pay up
and shut up, or should the owner contribute?

I'm new here, so feel free to ignore, but if my neighbour asked me if I minded

him cutting a bit off my tree, I would take offence at him then coming around to
me with an invoice.

Kae

I am also new here and brand new to gardening but i am under the
impression that you are responsible for your plants and making sure
they dont impinge on anyone elses pleasure.

No, not legally. They are entitled to trim overhanging branches, which
they must offer back to you since they are your property, but you don't
have a legal responsibility to keep your trees within your boundary.

What you do to enhance neighbourly relations is another matter.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: