Old 27-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Judith Lea

Default Lifting our forum@

In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes
The two nearest ones to me are still in use - on by a glider club and
the other for light aircraft. These two airfields (Tibenham and Old
Buckenham) were Liberator stations, and their CO was James Stewart.

Goodness, just down the road from me in Norwich.

We in East Anglia have proprietorial rights over Americans, you know.
They are 'our boys' just as much as the RAF aircrew, and accordingly, we
can dig at each-other as only good friends can.

It's true that we look on the American airmen/women as part of our own,
we had a wonderful American Memorial Library - before it was burnt down
a few years ago!
--
Judith Lea