Old 27-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Pedro A.Pereira

Default [IBC] Mica Pots

Greetings...

Is it simply because ceramic pots cost much more, therefore

they must be better?

I think that what we must see here it's that ceramic pots are traditional
and mica pots are something very new and useful.

Mica pots are done with a machine that makes about 5 each minute and a
"machine" that builds a ceramic pot will build one each 2 or 3 minutes!
Traditional ones are build by hand and take at least 15min each. So, it's a
matter of economy.

Other thing, nowadays everything that's plastic (kind of J ) it's supposed
to be less expensive, we got used to this. If Mica pots were has expensive
has ceramic ones, I think they wouldn't sell at all!

Mica pots can overheat the roots in a hot summer?

Yes. I am in Portugal (Europe). Mica pots get very hot in the summer. Over
here we have 2 colors, black and light grey. Both of them get very hot at
direct sun.

In the summer the best is to place the tree in a shadowed place, in winter
it's an advantage to be in the sun because it keeps the roots less stressed
to extreme cold!

Pedro Amorim Pereira _ Porto - Portugal

http://amorimpereira.no.sapo.pt
http://sapp.telepac.pt/bonsai-pt/
http://www.geocities.com/pedropereira.geo

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++