Old 02-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Deborah F. Ryan

Default what a mess :(

Steve, my husband and I have gone over this a number of times, and the only
thing we can figure out is that the seal around the door simply isn't sealed
at all (have a rubber container filled with water plants that froze too, and
yup, right smack next to the door), and where we have the thermometer
located probably isn't the best place for it to be. We *thought* keeping it
at the center of the little greenhouse on the upper shelf would give us a
pretty good idea, but clearly...heat rises...duh. I had moved all the
plants to the lower shelf early last season and it just never crossed my
mind (particularly since we insulated the floor in the Fall) that this would
happen. I do think you've hit on something and Will check the batteries.
Thanks again. I appreciate your taking the time.
peace...
debbie

"Steve" wrote in message ...

Deborah F. Ryan wrote:

Despite the temp being well above freezing, every pot froze solid to the

mat
and the plants look just awful.

Deborah, I'm having trouble understanding how it got cold enough to
freeze the pots to the mat if it was well above freezing. Unless you can
explain, I'm thinking you need a new thermometer. ;-)

Steve