Old 27-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Frogleg

Default Lifting our forum@

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:37:05 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Sacha wrote

I only took a brief glance at that forum to see what was going on
after Janet emailed me. I'd like to know why they're doing this and
if they get any financial gain from it. Some of the people who post
here are professional and might object to their freely given advice to
*URG* being used to benefit others.

Well I am certainly not a professional gardener, but I have no objection at
all to any of my postings being used by anyone, for whatever reason.

The site in question appears to be a digest arranged for those too dim
(or underserved) to check Google or read newsgroups. Google itself
(and others) might be similarly criticized for archiving and
presenting messages 2nd hand.

It would be annoying indeed (and probably copyright violation) to
abstract messages (or pictures) without attribution and reproduce them
out of context. However, this is just a conduit to readily available
information, and *with* the normal attribution.