Old 27-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Trent-Lion

Default Installing pavers on dirt GH floor

The 13x15x9 ft. GH that I am restoring in North FL had a hard dirt
floor which drained reasonably well when open to the weather (GH glass
panes broken out). I had some old 8x16x2 inch pavers (concrete with
little rocks mixed in), so I simply laid them on the dirt, totally
covering the floor area. They have remained level for many months. I
have since learned that I need a weed barrier so I am now taking the
pavers out.

After reading many posts here on greenhouse floors, using pavers for
walkways and gravel under benches, etc. I think I would like to cover
the entire floor with pavers.

When I reinstall them, can I just use online instructions I have found
for installing a dry-laid walkway (essentially, sand tamped down to 1
inch), or is a greenhouse different? Charley's Greenhouse recommends
3/8 inch spacing between pavers. Does that sound okay? Thanks.
T-L