Old 27-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Michelle

Default Worms and Coffee Grounds

On 27 Jan 2004 14:26:24 GMT, pamfree (Zemedelec)
wrote:

My question is whether there is an upper limit to this. We drink a lot
of coffee and I would hate for the little critters to get hyper and
stampede.
BRBR

A worm stampede! But who would wrangle them back into the compost?
More seriously, if you gave them a lot too much you might kill them, if the
case of P. Lyautey, who wrote the original stories on which "La Boheme" is
based, was correctly reported. Supposedly died of blood poisoning/systemic
gangrene after a long regime of 40 cups of coffee a day.
zemedelec

Wow that's a lot of coffee and I thought my husbands one pot a day at
breakfast was a lot
I think the worms from my own experience are ok if the previous
advice is followed just make sure there is lots of other goodies . I
used to keep worms in a bin for fishing and I had some monster worms
and great tomato compost too.
But NO meat or meat by products at all or dairy bad bad bad
don't want to add that stuff just veggies egg shells coffie grounds
and stuff and if memory serves me right I never found them in my
grass compost pile I guess it gets a little warm for the buggers