Old 27-01-2004, 09:15 PM
curvefan

Default Growing weeping yaupon holly in a container

The scientifc name is Ilex vomitoria f. pendula. Here's a link to a pic
with information...

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/c...ew/ilex_vomito
ria_fpendula.html

Thanks for the info!!!

animaux wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:33:29 -0500, "curvefan"

opined:

Greetings to all!

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to grow a weeping yaupon holly

in a
large container. Since they grow rather large (20 feet high), would the
container help to curb the high growth? I live in Zone 6A and would love

have one of these trees, but see that most sites list them as hardy to

Zone
7. I have a heated greenhouse where it could placed in the Winter. Any
info would be appreciated.

In my experience plants in containers are prone to be over watered.

Yaupons do
not like a lot of water. All you can do is try and see what happens. If

you
keep the roots pruned and treat it like a large bonsai, it may work for

you.

Tell me, I've never heard of a weeping yaupon. Do you have an exact

botanical
name? I live in zone 8b and have many yaupons of all types in our

gardens.