Old 27-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default fungus

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
richard colbourn27/1/04 5:21
.net

Fungus
Last year I cut a small tree down in my front garden and have a
white fungus
growing around tree grateful for any ideas to clean stump Thanks Richard

Probably no need to worry about it but if the fungus smells of honey, then
other trees or shrubs could be at risk. I suggest you check it by smelling
it and if it does, look up 'Honey Fungus' in the archives of this group, or
come back for more help and info.

Unlikely to be honey fungus at this time of year, especially since it's
white. If you can post photos somewhere (remove a cap, upend it and
place it in the picture), you never know, you might have breakfast
there.

I can't think of any poisonous white mushroom which grows on wood. It
would also help to know what type of tree it was.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/