Old 27-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Neighbour's tree encroaching

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:39:52 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

from Frogleg contains these words:

In the US, and elsewere as far as I've been able to determine from
these discussions, anything overhanging one's property 'belongs' to
that property.

In the UK, it depends to whom the tree belongs: own the trunk, own all
the branches, leaves etc. Problems arise if the tree is actually growing
on the boundary.....

The history of tree disputes could surely make a good doctoral thesis.
One wonders why anyone has them at all. :-) One person's shady oak is
another's source of nuisance leaves and acorns.

The one with the biggest nuisance value is surely the ash. The one just on
the other side of my boundary maliciously sheds its seeds slowly and
continuously all through the winter. Each summer I have to deal with
hundreds of ash seedlings.

Franz