Old 27-01-2004, 11:16 PM
martin

Default theiving scrotes

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:34:42 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

How about the 62 year old who has gone to Jail for two weeks because he
wouldn't pay a speeding fine of £60. Caught doing 38 in a 30 limit at 5 am
when the limit signs had been vandalised or stolen!

Well, if the 30 limit signs weren't there, or the wrong size even, the
law *USED TO* state that the limit was unenforceable. I haven't heard
that it has changed.

Did you know there are 3 drivers in jail for every 2 burglars! World's gone
mad.

Are you surprised? I'd guess there are a few more drivers than there are
burglars, and some of them indulge in the sort of driving where the
public should be damned pleased they are out of the way - under the
influence of drink or drugs, stealing vehicles, impossibly high speeds
in built-up areas, dangerous driving, driving without insurance etc.,
and that's not counting failure to pay fines.

Some of the drivers are burglars too, so be doubly grateful :-)
--
Martin