Old 27-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Bob Hobden

Default theiving scrotes

"Jaques wrote in message How about the 62 year old who has gone to
Jail for two weeks because he
wouldn't pay a speeding fine of £60. Caught doing 38 in a 30 limit at 5

am
when the limit signs had been vandalised or stolen!

Well, if the 30 limit signs weren't there, or the wrong size even, the
law *USED TO* state that the limit was unenforceable. I haven't heard
that it has changed.

Judge said there were lights on the road and no limit signs so the driver
should have known it was a 30mph zone.
You and I are paying to keep this chap in jail for two weeks, which will
achieve nothing, when what he should have is some driver retraining (at the
most).
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
368 data units completed.