Old 28-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Mick Fournier

Default rgo history?

Joanna,

Does ROFL mean "rolling on the floor laughing"?... I hope so. I am not too
"hip" with the new abbreviated/acronym-ized English language of today
spawned by high-speed cellphone-texting/IM usage. For years I used to think
LOL was "Lots of Love". If you were reading my old RGO stuff then I would
assume (hope) you were laughing... were you also on the floor? And,
rolling? Then that's ROFL I would guess.

I am hoping some enterprising movie producer will one day take the RGO
historical record and turn it into a movie. I would then write to Keanu
Reeves and ask (ie beg) him to play my character.

As Rob has pointed out, I once was indeed a flame fighter... and I did
subscribe wholeheartedly to the scorched earth approach during the
confrontation. Ah, as I reminiscence this evening I recall the one ugly
word that propelled me into that heated life way, way back then... it was
the word "Duh".

And tis true, I came to love the smell of napalm in the morning (after a
good killing the night before) more than the perfect fragrance of a night
time Neofinetia falcata or a ghost orchid at 2 PM. But, I have changed over
the last two years. I may love the smell of new car leather more now.

And so as you (and others) will say, that is all history now. RGO is a
well-oiled level playing field today free of demigods and very uniformly
"give and take" with the wonderful inherited wisdom of orchid growing. Plus
I would venture to say that RGO might be one of the top ten most
civilized/enjoyable newsgroups on the Usenet today.

Mick