Old 28-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Pat Brennan

Default rgo history?

The group may have just started in 6/94, but 12/94 when I first tuned in it
was going full blast and Rod already had a large group of fans and
adversaries.

Regards,
Nick (who shudders to see his earliest usenet posts immortalized by
Google)

There used to be some way to prevent Dejanews from recording your posts, I
have no idea what it was or if it works today with Google.

Pat

"Myrmecodia" wrote in message
om...
"J Fortuna" wrote in message

Could those of you, who have been around rgo for a while, please share

with
those of us, who like me know very little about its history

The following google link may be of interest You will probably have
to cut and paste if it wraps over several lines.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ro....uu.net&rnum=2

or try

http://tinyurl.com/yswpe

It details the results of the call for votes that created
rec.gardens.orchids.

Robert Hill was the guy who originally proposed r.g.o. Here is one of
his first posts to rgo:
http://tinyurl.com/34vka