Old 28-01-2004, 01:32 AM

Default Lecture on growing Apricots in cold climates

HEY... take notes.
well that is surprising cause apricots come from really really cold places. my dwarf
fruit trees planted in 100 gallon rubbermaids have done really well.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/MOH/orchard/orchard.html
now, the following summer I had no flowers. this last summer I had flowers and a lot
of drop. I really really need to fertilize and have them on a watering schedule.
the asian pears did fantastically well. I make a white wine sangria using those
pears putting them thru a cuisinart with a blade makes them paper thin. yum. Ingrid

Sherwin Dubren wrote:

I am eager to hear what Robert has to say, but if anyone is interested,
they will have to attend, in person. I had a Manchurian Apricot in a
large planter on my patio, here in Zone 5. Even after wrapping
insulation
around the pot, it did not survive the second winter. I did have a
great
apricot crop from a Moorpark on dwarfing rootstock planted in my
backyard.
Robert is experimenting with some newer hardy types, which might prove
more resilient in our colder climates.

Sherwin D.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/