Old 28-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Alisa Keimel

Default BEST VEGIE SEEDS

"Bill Litchfield" wrote in message ...
"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:45:44 -0600, "Romy Beeck"
wrote:

Can anyone on here tell me where the best place to buy vegie seeds. I

just
got books from Harris seeds and Seymore seeds and Burgess and I ordered

book from Yung seed co. So can anyone tell me where they have the best

luck
with. By the way i'm in wisconsin. And I like to try starting my vegies

in
the basement this year

Use Google groups to search here and in rec.gardens.edible for
suggestions/opinions. There is no "best" source. Pinetree and Johnny's
are reputable and have many cold-climate varieties. Best to ask rather
which are the *worst* experiences people have had. There are a few of
these.

Check out this site and note their top 20 list:

http://gardenwatchdog.com/

Regards,
Bill

Hi there - saw your post after I posted my rave about Johnny's.
They're great. I had a great experience ordering from them. They have
a great variety of veggie seeds. Check out their site if you want!
http://www.johnnyseeds.com
Hope this help you.

Regards,
Alisa