Old 28-01-2004, 02:33 AM
PNWestposter

Default Burnaby, BC Canada.....suggestions?

Hello all....

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction with regard to
bamboo planting. I live in South Burnaby .....which over the last 7 years
really hasn't received any snow to speak of or nightime winter temperatures
below 32 degrees F.

.....until this year...we've had some snow and some fairly cold days / nights
recently (at the very *worst* perhaps 15 degrees Fahrenheit). Having said
that, my guess the worst is over.....and the other 3 seasons tend to be
fairly comfortable ....albeit a fair amount of rain.

I've had some success over the last 2 years (since we've bought our house)
with small windmill palms (1 in a container ....one planted in the
ground).....and am now interested in continuing along with a "tropical"
theme here in the Pacific Northwest.

I've "lurked" around this newsgroup and am aware there are some people who
post from Vancouver Island ....which isn't too far away.

What I'm really after is some advice about what kind of bamboo might do well
in my area .....where to procure it.....and initially, my thought is to
plant in containers.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Keith

Note ; if you'd like to have a dialogoue o/side of this newsgroup via
email..... please reply to removing the
obvious. Thanks.

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (