Old 28-01-2004, 03:22 AM
seeOtwo

Default Lighting ... or Correct Me if I am Wrong

Here, let me confuse things a little in an effort to make my point
clear:

AHSupply and other vendors sell reflectors that claim to increase the
light that hits the water by up to 196%.

Also T5 type bulbs are advertised as up to 400% brighter than regular
fluorescents.

Now, if you get a 55 watt bulb with a Miro reflector does that mean
that you actually have 55 + (55 * 196%) = 55 + 107 = 163 watts?

And is a skinny T5 tube that is 54 watt actually 54 + (54 * 400%) = 54
+ 220 = 274 watts?

Also - a 10,000 Kelvin Coralife VHO appears totally white to the eye
while a 10,000 Kelvin URI VHO appears violet-pink.

Well, I suppose at this point most folk are confused.

The point that I try to make is "use what works for you".
Calculations are exactly that - just calculations and nothing else.
:-D

--Nikolay