Old 28-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Warren

Default Who is this guy?

David Bunch wrote:
I just searched through the newsgroup for some of your other replies
Cereoid. You never have anything positive to say, and your manner of
'speech' is way off. You are probably the first truely crazy person I

have
conversed with on the internet.

Either you don't converse with many people on the Internet, or you're
not a very good judge of crazy. Cereoid doesn't even make my top 100.
(Sorry, Cereoid. You'll need to try harder. g)

As for saying positive things, that's not something I care about. Useful
things is something I care more about. And if you cut through the
rhetoric, and the blunt, course method of delivery, Cereoid has
delivered some good information. Critical information without pulling
punches. But so what? This newsgroup is about gardens and garden related
things. It's not a substitute for group therapy, and it's not a place to
come if all you want is positive affirmation even when you're wrong.

You want nice? Go to some moderated web forum where they block anyone
who utters a discouraging word. But you'll loose out on all the people
who are blocked for not being nice, even if their content was useful.
And that's a shame. Ignore the message because you don't like the
messenger or the way the messenger delivers the message. When the value
of the content becomes secondary to how it's delivered, then the content
looses value.

This is hardly worth it's own thread. If you disagree with Cereoid,
either attack the issue being discussed, or let it go. Starting a thread
for the sole purpose of calling someone crazy is, in my opinion, even
less nice than the way Cereoid participates in existing threads. At
least those threads started off someone on-topic. And in those cases
they turn bad only after others participate. You've started your own
"let's attack someone" thread. And you didn't even use a spell checker!
You may think you used nice words to do it, but plain and simple, it's a
personal attack that's not even part of a thread with content. That puts
you higher on my crazy person list than Cereoid is. You didn't even
deliver any content.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html