Old 28-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Mike

Default did anybody see this on urg?

Yes, it's here on my machine - right next to yours in fact.

Can't say i see any need for it though

I agree.

I suppose we had better subscribe to uk.net.news.config and make our
views on the matter known.
--
Martin

Does that mean you are not in agreement with such newsgroup being set up,
and therefore are going to oppose it?

If so, why?

There have been numerous posters on this newsgroup who have asked advice
because they are new allotment holders. urg has a very knowledgeable
subscriber base and I feel that some of the newbie allotment holders may
feel a little intimidated by the skills shown here and might not wish to ask
what might be a serious question to them, but feel it is trivial to the more
skilled subscriber and fail to ask.

I feel that this newsgroup should encourage an allotment newsgroup and make
sure that any new allotment holder is made aware of it in a very helpful way
and not a case of 'There's a newsgroup for you lot, ask your question there,
newbie' Who knows, someone here might just even be an advisor for that
newsgroup as well, is there any harm in that?

Mike