Old 28-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Kay Easton

Default theiving scrotes

In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Well, if the 30 limit signs weren't there, or the wrong size even, the
law *USED TO* state that the limit was unenforceable. I haven't heard
that it has changed.

Judge said there were lights on the road and no limit signs so the driver
should have known it was a 30mph zone.
You and I are paying to keep this chap in jail for two weeks, which will
achieve nothing, when what he should have is some driver retraining (at the
most).

'Ought to have known' has no weight in law. My retort to that would have
been: "There were no restriction signs, so I knew there was no limit."

Have you read your Highways Code recently? para 103 'street lights
usually mean there is a 30 miles per hour limit unless there is a sign
showing another limit. Law RTRA sects 81 86 89 and sch6'

RTRA is the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: