Old 28-01-2004, 11:17 AM
martin

Default theiving scrotes

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:24:07 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

There are enough people on the roads without licenses already.
The guy is in prison for refusing to pay a fine. The cheap option
would be confiscation of the car.
--
Martin

Funny you should say that. In 1975 I was in Camp Hill Prison and a young lad
was serving time for taking cars without permission. "It's a waste of money
sending me in here, it would be much cheaper for them to buy me a car"

When I was a student I had a holiday job in a waterworks shovelling
wet sand, a rotten job, but it paid well. Also working there was a
kid of 18, who had stolen a police car during a disturbance outside a
pub, he got a year in borstal, mainly because it took the police about
3 hours to catch him and made them look stupid, he claimed to have
little driving experience before he took the car. He said he regretted
it what he had done as soon as he sobered up.

He spent nights and weekends locked up in borstal.
The cost of his upkeep was deducted from his salary and the rest put
in a deposit account, that he couldn't access until he finished his
sentence.
I found this a sensible punishment.

I have to admit that on the financial side, he was correct :-}

Mike

--
Martin