Old 28-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Troy

Default did anybody see this on urg?

Martin Sykes wrote:

It's not about subdividing URG. URG is great and will stay as it is. I just
don't understand why anyone cares if this other group wants another group to
discuss allotment stuff in particular. Anyone who wants to discuss
allotments on URG still can but we don't *own* the subject and trying to
stop someone discussing elsewhere just isn't fair. Newsgroups aren't
mutually exclusive. I don't see anyone in rec.gardens (which as I understand
it is about gardening worldwide) complaining about URG discussing UK based
issues separately so why should it matter to URG if someone wants to discuss
allotments separately?

Agreed. I would welcome the creation of the allotments group as that is my
*main* gardening interest - although I would also remain subscribed to
u.r.g.
--
Regards,

Tròy the Black Lab.