Old 28-01-2004, 04:42 PM
martin

Default did anybody see this on urg?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:30:15 +0000, Troy wrote:

martin wrote:

Agreed. I would welcome the creation of the allotments group as that is my
*main* gardening interest - although I would also remain subscribed to
u.r.g.

I can't see the point of that. Explain what that gives you that you
haven't got already?

I skip a lot of threads in u.r.g. - not because they're not interesting,
simply because they don't interest me. A dedicated group would make things
a lot easier.

You'd still have to skip a lot of threads on urg if you subscribed to
both.

Hopefully a dedicated group would attract new posters who perhaps don't
think allotments come under "Gardening".

I doubt it, I suspect that far more people are subscribed to a list
than newsgroups

No criticism of u.r.g. intended here. I've been subscribed for *many* years
and have learnt a lot. Hopefully I'll continue for many more years :-)

I think it's a fantastic site for gardening information and it's
stuffed with helpful experts. Looking at other subgroups that overlap
an existing group, the probability is that they won't all subscribe to
an allotment group.
--
Martin