Old 28-01-2004, 05:36 PM

Default did anybody see this on urg?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:42:42 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:
Green wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:06:50 -0000, "Martin Sykes"

So how many groups do you think urg should be subdivided into?

It's not about subdividing URG. URG is great and will stay as it is. I just
don't understand why anyone cares if this other group wants another group to
discuss allotment stuff in particular. Anyone who wants to discuss
allotments on URG still can but we don't *own* the subject and trying to
stop someone discussing elsewhere just isn't fair. Newsgroups aren't
mutually exclusive. I don't see anyone in rec.gardens (which as I understand
it is about gardening worldwide

Charter of uk.rec.gardening
(Not Moderated)
To discuss gardening issues relevant to the UK. These will include
flowers, shrubs, trees, fruit & vegetables, lawns, houseplants,
beneficial insects & animals, soils, composting, design, location,
situation, seasons/times, hard structures (paths, greenhouses,
cloches, rockeries), ponds, tools & materials, weeds and pests &
diseases. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific
newsgroups, discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and
the Isle of Man will also be welcome. Because there are climatic,
legal, cultural and other differences, discussion of gardening in
other parts of the world is OFF TOPIC (there are other regional
gardening newsgroups, and the global rec.gardens, one of which may be
more appropriate). Please note that this exclusion relates to subject
matter, not people, and posters from around the globe will be welcome
to participate in or initiate discussion of UK-relevant topics.

Specifically, please remember that there is no direct correlation
between US climate zones and the climate of the UK.

) complaining about URG discussing UK based
issues separately so why should it matter to URG if someone wants to discuss
allotments separately?

Agree. I see no substantial reason to oppose the formation of the new group.

--
Martin