Old 28-01-2004, 06:09 PM
John Bean

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:45:49 +0000, John Bean wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:24:59 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:11:13 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

It may interest u.r.g members (and others) to know that (according to
Google) the proponent has NEVER contributed to the parent group!

How do you know he has not been a lurker watching the allotment questions
and discussions and decided that there is a need for an allotment newsgroup?

I don't, but he's not been backward in coming forward in the other
groups to which he's subscribed.

Really? I see no posts at all under this name in 2003/2004, and an overall
average of about two posts a month since 1999, consisting of a few bursts
of activity with large silences in between. Either a lurker or uses more
than one persona. Perhaps the proponent could comment on this to alleviate
your suspicions.

As a result of this article (I presume) I have received an email from the
proponent - who is apparently having difficulty posting to usenet - asking
me to post a message on his behalf. This is the body of the email I
received:

------ start quote ---------
Hi John
Could you do me a big favour?
Could you post on
uk.rec.gardening.allotments
uk.net.news.config

That im unable to answer any posts at the moment as i have ISP problems
which have been reported.
Ive posted to the Google Newsgroup Server but that may not appear for a
good few hours
Ill be very thankful if you could
Regards

G.Poston

Don't ask me what it's all about, I'm only the messenger.

--
John Bean

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia (Charles Schultz)